By Alejandra Sieder.
This series was created during a holiday in Byron Bay, a place that will always occupy a special place in my heart.
One day whilst waiting in a coffee shop I received an email that our Australian citizenship had been approved. Shouting with joy, I ran to my husband and shared the news with him and my children.
All the people around us asked what was happening and they smiled at the news even though they were strangers. And that is Australia to me, a beautiful land with kind people who rejoice in your own happiness.
Each piece has a different meaning: Three of them symbolize my three nationalities: Venezuelan, Spanish and Australian. And the other three are the pillars and at the same time the most cherished people in my life: my husband, my daughter and my son.
These six wonderful paintings are the compilation of my effort, dedication and struggle to reach Australia, a land that has welcomed us with open arms and have made us love it from the bottom of our hearts, from the first moment that we landed here.
- 6 0riginal painting made in acrylic and ink on canvas.
- 21(W) x 21(H) x 4(D)cm. each
- UV protected vanish, so will not fade in direct sunlight
- Stretched and ready to hang
- Framed in contemporary black timber, the 4cm deep framing allows the collector to display the work two ways. Either hang on a wall or display on a shelf.
- Signed with a certificate of authenticity
- Delivered wrapped in a sturdy box
- The painting will leave the studio 3 days after purchase
If this painting is not the required size, I can do another version to your size specifications as a commission. So please contact me and I will organise a quote very quickly for you.
All rights reserved ©2020 Alejandra Sieder